2011-11-07 Xbase++ 2.0 roadmap revised!

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
digitsoft

2011-11-07 Xbase++ 2.0 roadmap revised!

#1 Post by digitsoft »

The roadmap and featureset of Xbase++ 2.0 have been extended to cover Web and Connected Mobile application development, but also to enable Visual FoxPro developers to jump start with Xbase++ now. The latter is achieved with new commands and datatypes which not only increase Visual FoxPro compatiblity, but also boost Xbase++ developers' productivity.

<CXP/> is the first Community Technology Preview (CTP) in the context of our efforts towards Xbase++ 2.0. This technology allows all Xbase++ and Visual FoxPro developers to effectively utilize their existing experience and knowlegde for writing modern Web and Connected Mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, Android and other platforms.
[Please click to enlarge]

This Community Technology Preview (CTP) starts on Nov. 10th, 2011, and concentrates solely on the <CXP:Technology/>, the new build and execution infrastructure for Web and Connected Mobile application development and hosting. More details and download instructions will be announced on Nov. 10th, 2011.

Of course, there is much more coming in Xbase++ 2.0 and the forthcoming CTPs! It is therefore a good idea to sign up now for the 4th European Xbase++ DevCon. Furthermore, you can even save some money profiting from the early-bird discount. The conference takes place in the Hannover area in April 2012. Be there and you will get for sure the best jump start into the featureset of Xbase++ 2.0, which touches on topics ranging from using the latest SQL technologies to Web and Connected Mobile application development.

Nolberto Paulino
Un cordial saludo
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

bwolfsohn

Re: 2011-11-07 Xbase++ 2.0 roadmap revised!

#2 Post by bwolfsohn »

Where did you see this ?? where is more info ???

I have an open week on my calendar for 2016 and i want to install this version then...
:pray:
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

digitsoft

#3 Post by digitsoft »

jajaja jajajaj jajajaja
Look for it in http://www.alaska-software.com/

Paulino Nolberto
Regards
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

bwolfsohn

#4 Post by bwolfsohn »

interesting...

i can find it at www.alaska-software.com

but not at

alaska-software.com
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

rdonnay
Site Admin

#5 Post by rdonnay »

I have been a strong supporter of Alaska Software and Xbase++ for years, but for the first time ever I am considering not attending an Xbase++ Devcon.
They have been talking about 2.0 for years.
I just may wait until it's released to believe it.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Auge_Ohr

#6 Post by Auge_Ohr »

rdonnay wrote:I have been a strong supporter of Alaska Software and Xbase++ for years, but for the first time ever I am considering not attending an Xbase++ Devcon.
They have been talking about 2.0 for years.
I just may wait until it's released to believe it.
this Time it "seem" to be become "real" that Arctica is not more a Ghost.
perhaps we will get a Offer from Alaska next Days for a "Devcon-spezial" while all Arctica Session Sample need Arctica.

p.s. on Devcon we will have a Arctica "Server" running for Attendee.
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

rdonnay
Site Admin

#7 Post by rdonnay »

this Time it "seem" to be become "real" that Arctica is not more a Ghost.
If this is true, then I will book my airline tickets.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

patito

#8 Post by patito »

Dear Jimmy, you wrote

"p.s. on Devcon we will have a Arctica "Server" running for Attendee.", so I want to ask you more about that.
Are you trying to say that Alaska develop a xb2net product ?, or what meaning Artica "server" ?

Best Regard
Hector

Auge_Ohr

#9 Post by Auge_Ohr »

patito wrote:, so I want to ask you more about that.
Are you trying to say that Alaska develop a xb2net product ?, or what meaning Artica "server" ?
no Arctica is running with PostgreSQL "Server". so take your Notebook to Devcon to run Demo Sample.

if you do not have a active Subscription, which is the Way to get Arctica, wait !!!
Alaska self talk about a "Devcon-spezial" if your Subscription have expired ... let´s see what come.
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Tom

#10 Post by Tom »

@Hector: The "Artica" product will give you the ability to move your DBFNTX to a server-based, real SQL-app with only a few code changes needed. There will be a new DBE for that, in fact the core of "Artica", and a migration tool to move existing DBF-tables to the SQL server (PostGre - which is available for free -, as Jimmy mentioned). The product emulates record-based data navigation and all other functions you know from DBFNTX, like index-based search functions, filters, scopes, deleted records and so on - you don't need to change your code if you don't want to. Most of the work is done by "stored procedures" (and "triggers" and other fascinating SQL-stuff) on the server side, which is the reason for the PostGre-only-restriction. "Artica" will also allow to use SQL syntax and statements inside the app, even for non-database-data. As Steffen Pirsig mentioned in April, "Artica" will increase the data access speed from about three to five concurrently accessing workstations on, below that level, file-based database management is still much better (which is true for all other options - having software in between decreases speed). ADS is somehow in between. To be honest, using a SQL server is a little more complicated than working with file-based data, but the benefit you get (stability, encryption facilities, backup features a.s.o.) compensates this.

@Roger: If you don't attend the DevCon, it will be no DevCon at all. If you don't come, I'll stay at home aswell.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."