Questions of zero level

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

Re: Questions of zero level

#51 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Certainly, I looked examples. But particularly set example at me isn't started, writes that there is no component JACE31XP.DLL. In general at me тако impression that eXpress ++ at me not up to the end or incorrectly installed. And I set the above-stated questions because couldn't find the answer to them independently, including using examples and the documentation on Alaska xBase ++ and eXpress ++.

Cliff Wiernik

#52 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

My sample is not based on any text file. It is just program code based originally on some of the example from the xdemo.prg and training time purchased from Roger.

Eugene Lutsenko

#53 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

I thank for the sent examples. I will try to understand

Eugene Lutsenko

#54 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Dear Roger!

I have bought eXpress ++ through the Russian firm http://hotsoft.ru/, however I had an impression that I not could it correctly and completely install.

1. Сначал I have downloaded self-revealing archive under the reference, кторую to me have sent from firm.
2. Has then unpacked archive with the password, which to me too distances together with the reference.
3. Then has started the installation program.
4. Has registered ways in variables of environment.
5. Has started build19_sl1.bat.

And here on point 5 in general almost normally there was a construction of exe-modules, but has been very much given out errors. These errors in character basically have been connected with an incorrectness of initial texts, that folders or libraries can't be found, bat-programs can't be started, libraries are destroyed. I started the files similar build19_sl1.bat in subdirectories. They worked and too gave out similar errors.

It can be connected what Alaska xBase ++ at me only the compiler and TOOLS? On on the rest there was no money since it has managed together with eXpress ++ (1 license only personally on me) about 70 thousand roubles RU (http://hotsoft.ru/ALASKA/al_price.htm) or approximately 2300$ USA and this with the fact that on a site http://alaska-software.com/products/academic.shtm such license costs approximately in 23 times more cheaply.

Eugene Lutsenko

#55 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

At last has found as in Alaska xBase++ to realize editing of fields of databases. All it has turned out and well works (look: http://lc.kubagro.ru/Alaska/Downloads3.rar). But very difficult and abstruse program realization has turned out. In CLIPPER all was much easier. Whether isn't present in eXpress++ something easier for performance of the same functions?

skiman

#56 Post by skiman »

Eugene Lutsenko wrote:Whether isn't present in eXpress++ something easier for performance of the same functions?
Hi,

There is a xdemo application delivered with eXPress++. It contains more than hundred samples, with source code. I would suggest you start to study these samples.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Eugene Lutsenko

#57 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

I just try to do it.

Eugene Lutsenko

#58 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

How to connect DLL to the obj-module so that the turned-out exe-file at start on the computer without the DLL Alaska and eXpress ++ didn't address to them and normally worked? Tried to make as in CLIPPER, mistakes doesn't give out, but also changes nothing, that is the size of the exe-module doesn't change and it normally works, but all the same addresses to libraries.

skiman

#59 Post by skiman »

Hi,

This isn't possible. You always need the DLL files to run an Xbase++ application.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Eugene Lutsenko

#60 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

It is a pity that so. It is necessary to carry out delivery of DLL that isn't always convenient together with the appendix