Print Preview

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Print Preview

#11 Post by rdonnay »

Chris -

Yes, that is the one advantage of the eXpress++ previewer, the ability to preview during the creation of the report.
I don't know how that would be done with XPS.

I have a customer who wants me to modify the DCPRINT system to work with FRAX, but I don't want to spend time with a product that is no longer supported. If the source could be put into the public domain, I would be very happy to do this.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

unixkd

#12 Post by unixkd »

Hi Roger,

You will not appreciate what FRAX offers unless you do some reports with it. I am a register user of FRAX and will be willing to mail you my copy for your use for your to appreciate this wonderful product. It is awasome belief me. Sergey wrote a wrapper for Xbase++ called (FRAX), FoxPro (FRFOX) and Harbour (FRH). Like I said earlier, Serger wrapper was written in DELPHI and even if you get the source code it may not be too useful.

After the death of Sergey, the Xailer developer, had re-developed FRH that is 100% compatible to Sergey's FRH. This is my wish for the Xbase++ community.

FROM XAILER:
========

FastReport for [x]Harbour & Xailer

FastReport (FR) is a visual report generator that provides to your applications the ability to generate multiple types of reports quickly and efficiently.

This report generator provides all the tools necessary to develop complex and showy reports.

FastReport for [x]Harbour & Xailer is based on FastReport from Fast Report Inc. that also has versions for Delphi (VCL and FireMonkey), .NET and Mono.

The visual interface of FastReport for [x]Harbour & Xailer is really easy to use, and there are no complicated installations processes. You just need to add a single DLL (frx.dll) to the application folder.

FastReport for [x]Harbour & Xailer can be used not only with Xailer, but with any other Harbour or xHarbour framework in GUI or console mode. However under Xailer is where stands so shocking as it is fully integrated into the IDE.
FastReport for [x]Harbour & Xailer integrates natively with the programming language, being able to use variables, methods or functions defined in our programs and supports any data format that our application may use. You can use from DBF tables with NTX or CDX indexes, Advantage Database Server (ADT tables), data from database engines via ODBC or ADO or MySql, MariaDB or SQLite datasets or even simple data arrays.

FastReport can do all kind of reports, from columnar reports, labels, graphics, bar codes, calendars, crosstabs reports, invoices, large tickets, photo and rich text printing.

The price of FastReport for [x]Harbour & Xailer license is 350 €.

Thanks.

Joe.

skiman

#13 Post by skiman »

Hi all,

The DCPRINT system is rather powerfull. I don't know if it is used a lot by Express++ users, but I print everything my customers needs with it. I created some tools that are based on the dcprint functions, and it is working great.

- All kind of document as invoices, offers, delivery notes, ...
- Reports with subtotals, centralisation, special headings, graphics, ... and export to csv, xml, txt, pdf
- Labels with barcodes, graphics, colors and fonts, ...

Speed depends on the way you prepare your data, internal functions and all functions of Xbase++ are available. I use SOAP to send a request to the server for creating the needed indexes and then I use the created index on the station. This way the index is created very fast, and the report starts almost immediately. And I have no heavy load on the network.

The only thing I don't have is a visual designer. But I don't need this. If my customers wants a new report, we can create it very quickly, max. 30 minutes, and our users are paying us for each report. Our customers aren't interested to learn a visual tool to create reports by their own. They want to focus on their business and are quite willing to pay us a fee of 50€ for a report of label.

The preview could be better, but most of my customers even don't use the preview. I will check the preview of that XPS printerdriver to see how it looks. If this is a lot better, I could try to change my reporting tool to create one page, show it on the screen in the preview, and when the user wants to proceed, print the complete report to the printer.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

rdonnay
Site Admin

#14 Post by rdonnay »

I am currently working with pscript as an alternative for pdfs and previews.
it is free and works very well. I'm writing an eXpress++ styLe command interface.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

skiman

#15 Post by skiman »

Hi,

Looks as this could be an extra for the dcprint. If I can test something, I'm available.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be