Support for PageScript now in eXpress++

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Zdeno Bielik

Re: Support for PageScript now in eXpress++

#11 Post by Zdeno Bielik »

Hi,

I have still problem find reason why it doesn’t work on my pc.
I have copied all files in that directories and did some other tests, but without success.

If you enable lines 44 and 45, it will crash with next error:

http://localhost/ds/test03/PSTest01b.cxp
Page 1 z 9

<CXP:BuildError/>

Files: CXP File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ds\test03\PSTest01b.cxp Intermediate Xbase++ Code: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ds\test03\cxp-application\PSTest01b.cxp.dll

Message(s): Compiler: error XBT0200: Syntax Error in Line 72 The compiler has detected a syntactically incorrect expression.

Build Process The builder was invoked with the following parameters, the output is shown below.
Compilation Error Description: One or more errors occurred during the compilation of a resource required to build this page. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Please, can someone run under IIS this attached example or previously posted by Roger?

Many thanks for feedback.

Zdeno
Attachments
test03b.zip
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 635 times

rdonnay
Site Admin

#12 Post by rdonnay »

I am away from my computer until Monday. I only have a tablet with me now. I will look at this on Monday and I will try to run under I IS.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Zdeno Bielik

#13 Post by Zdeno Bielik »

Hi Roger,

did you have a little time to play with it under IIS?
Many thanks.

Zdeno

rdonnay
Site Admin

#14 Post by rdonnay »

did you have a little time to play with it under IIS?
Yes, I did. I have been working with this for the past few days.
I have been able to get it to compile under IIS but now there is an IDSC runtime error when PSInit() is called.

I have bundled everything together and sent it to Alaska Software.
They will be working on this problem with me.

Zdeno Bielik

#15 Post by Zdeno Bielik »

super! many thanks

rdonnay
Site Admin

#16 Post by rdonnay »

I have been able to get PSText01.cxp to compile and run but it still causes an IDSC error in PsInit().

PsInit() makes a DLLCall and that is what causes the error.

Till Warweg (at Alaska) suggested putting a full path to the PScript.dll but I still get the IDSC.

I would like to see if you get the same result.
I reduced the test program to only the code needed to test this.

I would like to see if you get the same result. Please test this for me.
You will need to copy Pscript.dll to your Helpers sub folder.

Code: Select all

<%#Code locality="page-render"%>

<html>
<head>
<meta content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-2" http-equiv="content-type">
</head>

<body>

<%

hDll := DllLoad( ::physicalPath + "helpers\PScript.dll")

if hDll > 0
  DllCall(hDll, 32, "PSInit")
endif

%>

<p>
test PScript

@(hDll)

</p>

</body>
</html>

rdonnay
Site Admin

#17 Post by rdonnay »

I have more information about this.

I ran the same small PSINIT.CXP program under IIS on my Web Server.
This is a Windows 7 professional (32-bit).
It runs fine on that server.

It causes an IDSC on my workstation computer under IIS.
This is a Windows 7 Professional (64-bit).

I don’t know if this is the reason for the failure or that I had updated my Xbase++ runtime to the latest version on my workstation. I am still trying to isolate this problem.

I seem to have many fewer problems running CXP apps on my 32-bit server than on my 64-bit workstation.

I had given up on trying to run CXP pages under WebHandler on my workstation, that’s why I have been working lately with IIS with the hopes it would be more stable. Now I’m thinking that the 64 bit workstation is the issue.

I’m going to work on the 32-bit server for a while and see if this gives better results.

Zdeno Bielik

#18 Post by Zdeno Bielik »

Roger,

I hope, next informations will help you solve problem with that DLL:

well, after creating and running your cxp code on my „test pc“(2), I did get CXP RunTime error dllExecuteCall... so no success...

BUT for fun I did try run this code on my „development pc“ (1) too, and it runs OK and result of cxp code was:

test PScript 64684032 – supeeer!

So, I started compare where are differences bettween these two computers, and only what I found,
it was orders of texts in mem variables include, lib and path...
first was Alaska’s paths, and next eXpress paths…

so I changed it on „test pc“(2), restarted pc and now your test code works on that pc too …

was:
INCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\include;C:\exp20\include
LIB=C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\lib;C:\exp20\lib
Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\workbench20;C:\exp20\bin20;C:\exp20\bin
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\user
windir=C:\Windows
XPPRESOURCE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\pointer;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\bitmap;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\font;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\icon;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource

is:
INCLUDE= C:\exp20\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\include
LIB= C:\exp20\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\lib
Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;
C:\exp20\bin20;C:\exp20\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\workbench20
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\user
windir=C:\Windows
XPPRESOURCE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\pointer;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\bitmap;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\font;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource\icon;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\resource

(1) my main apps are still compiled with v. 1.9, so when I installed v. 2.0, I disabled auto-changing of system variables
OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

(2) here I now test and prepare new versions compiled with v 2.0 and also work with CXP code – when I installed v. 2.0 and latest eXpress++, I enabled updating system variables
OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

rdonnay
Site Admin

#19 Post by rdonnay »

I don't understand how that can make a difference.

The PsInit.cxp page has no references to anything in eXpress++.

Also, it has always been my understanding that cxp-worker.exe looks in the alaska ..\cxp20\bin folder for runtime, probably because it uses relative pathing.

I am still trying to figure this out.
When I installed Xbase++ on the server, it didn't change the system environment, yet CXP is running fine under IIS.

I know why it works under Apache. That is because the Apache httpd.conf file has an entry that points to "c:\cxp20\bin\cxp-worker.exe".

I don't know yet how IIS knows where cxp-worker.exe is. There is a registry entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-21-3606278812-871762518-2967867525-1000\Components\34BDA6450D780EA4F93A36056424C26E that points to C:\Program Files\Alaska Software\cxp20\bin\cxp-worker.exe.

That may be used by IIS, but I don't know.
If this is true, then I would not know how to change the path for CXP under IIS.

BTW - I changed the order of my libraries in my SYSTEM PATH to the same as yours and it made no difference. It still fails with an IDSC. The below path data is reported by the CXP error handler:

Code: Select all

Path	C:\expd20\bin20;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\xpp20\lib;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcSoft\Bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;c:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files (x86)\NTRU Cryptosystems\NTRU TCG Software Stack\bin\;C:\Program Files\NTRU Cryptosystems\NTRU TCG Software Stack\bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Services\IPT\;C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Data Protection\Access\Advanced\Wave\Gemalto\Access Client\v5\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\OEM\12.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\OEM\AudioCore\;

Current	C:\Program Files (x86)\Alaska Software\cxp20\bin

Temp	C:\Windows\TEMP

AppData	C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming

rdonnay
Site Admin

#20 Post by rdonnay »

Zdeno -

I am giving up on this.
I spent many days trying to get Pscript.dll to work reliably.
It works fine in regular Xbase++ 2.0 programs but not under CXP.
It also works fine when loading PSINIT.CXP from WebHandler (no IIS or Apache).

For now, I am advising that care be taken in making DLL calls in any CXP app until this is better understood.

Roger