Print preview font change

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Victorio

Print preview font change

#1 Post by Victorio »

Hi everybody,

1.question : how can I change font in print preview ? I am using command :
DCPRINT ON TO oPrinter PREVIEW SIZE 66,80 ...

On monitor I have very little characters, no equal to print report on paper , why ?
If I use PSIZE, this only change preview window.

I want see report on monitor same as on paper.
I am sending preview printscreen and scan from paper report. You will see different.

2.question : how can I send report to print file .PRN without select printer dialog to default printer ? Must be report special formatted for type printer ? or I must use report to PDF, or other universal documents ?

Thanks
Attachments
printreport.jpg
printreport.jpg (484.69 KiB) Viewed 9532 times
preview.jpg
preview.jpg (336.28 KiB) Viewed 9532 times

skiman

Re: Print preview font change

#2 Post by skiman »

Hi,

The PREVIEW will never be exactly the same as the printed version. With the ZOOMFACTOR you can change the initial view. You can experiment with the values.
A pixel on the screen, is not exactly the same as a pixel on the printer. This is the reason it will never be exactly the same. Only when using some kind of 'printerdriver' to generate the preview, you can have the same result.

The advantage of the DCPRINT PREVIEW is that you can get a preview of one page, before proceeding and generating the complete report. If you are using a PDF as print preview, the report has to be generated completely. If a user selects a report of 100 pages, it can take some time to generate the complete preview. With DCPRINT the first page appears as soon as printing is started. You are printing to the screen.

For your PRN question. You can print to a 'general printer' without user interface by specifying the printer name. You need to be sure that the 'general printer' is installed. Maybe the TEXTONLY clause is a solution for you?
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Victorio

#3 Post by Victorio »

thanks for answer, I must try PDF, my reports have several pages, but also several hundreds..pages. what time need to generate on some slower PC.
ZOOMFACTOR I tried, but it is not ok.
TEXTONLY reports to TXT file I had, but I want use LINE, BOXes,... on my report, because I need use gra mode.

Is possible some "modify" of PREVIEW mode, for example recalculate pixels , or modify font ? In manual I not see some parameter for it. ?

Victorio

#4 Post by Victorio »

I tried use PSIZE , now report is better then without it.
If I use SIZE for example 66,80 and PSIZE 660x800 preview report is equal to print report to paper.
It is good for my use.
thanks,

rdonnay
Site Admin

#5 Post by rdonnay »

Victorio -

The eXpress++ DCPRINT system supports the ACROBAT or XPSWRITER clauses as option print previewers.
These will give you exactly what you want, however they require installation of the Win2Pdf or Microsoft XPS Writer printer drivers.

Another option, if you do not want your users to have to install these printer drivers, is to look at the sample DCPS stuff that I uploaded a few weeks ago. This uses the free PScript.Dll which has built-in support for previewing and also writing to PDF.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Victorio

#6 Post by Victorio »

thanks, I will study Pagescript and try it.